Monday, January 17, 2011
A call for khilafah in Tunis 2011, Allahu akbar
This is a protest/rally by Muslims in Tunisia during the recent public revolt against President Ben Ali.
The protesters call for the oppressive Western-backed rulers in Tunisia and the broader Muslim World to be removed and replaced with a sincere Muslim leader who rules by Islam.
Rough translation of some of the chants, speech parts:
1. Accounting Ben Ali in particular and the Arab rulers in general for their oppression, silence over Israel, and service of America.
2. Chant: "No recourse, no recourse! Khilafah is the only solution!"
3. Before the march begins the speaker reminds the people that Rasulullah (s) instructed us to not cut trees and that the property of Muslims is inviolable.
4. The placards at the front of the march read: "No to democracy, no to capitalism, yes to the Islamic Khilafah."
5. Whilst marching they chant, "With our souls, with our blood, we shall sacrifices ourselves for you O Islam!" and "Khilafah! Khilafah! Khilafah!"
6. Standing in front of soldiers (of the Tunisian army it seems) they address "the Muslim armies" asking them "Where are you in Palestine?, Where are you in Iraq?" "Remove the chains of the rulers from your necks, and fulfill your duties!" "O Muslim armies, we are ready to be with you, with our blood, our souls, and our sons! Remove these oppressive regimes and support the appointment of one leader for all the Muslims!"