Monday, November 15, 2010
Eid Adha Mubarak - New Eid Nasheeds ! أناشيد عيد الأضحى المبارك عليكم
http://alsunna.org/gallery - Send Eid Greeting cards:بطاقات تهاني
Meanings behind Eid al-Adha
• Eid al-Adha or Feast of Sacrifice is the most important feast of the Muslim calendar.
• Eid Adha is on the 10th day of Dhul-Hijjah, which is the last month in the Muslim calendar.
• The 9th day of Dhul-Hijjah is the day when Hujjaj (pilgrims) stand on the mountain of ^Arafat.
• It is Recommended (Sunnah) to fast the 9th day of Dhul-Hijjah.
• Eid al-Adha concludes the Hajj journey (Pilgrimage) to Meccah al-Mukarramah.
• Eid al-Adha is followed by 3 days called the Days of Tashreeq.
• Eid al-Adha commemorates Prophet Ibrahim's willingness to obey Allah by sacrificing his son.
• Muslims believe the son to be Ismail and not Isaac (Ishaq) as told in the Old Testament.
• Prophet Ismail is considered the forefather of the Arabs.
• According to the Quran, Prophet Ibrahim was about to sacrifice his son by slaughtering him.
• Although the knife was sharpened, but when Prophet Ibrahim came to slaughter Ismail, the knife would not cut anything.
• He tested the knife to stab but it would not cut at all.
• The reason is that everything that happens in this world is by the will of Allah. Allah is the creator of everything, He manages everything, He does not need any of his creations, He exists without a place.
• Allah did not will for that knife to cut or harm prophet Ismail.
• Allah protected Prophet Ismail and granted prophet Ibrahim a ram as a sacrifice instead.
• Allah sent the Prophets to teach the people, so we must love them and respect them, including Prophet Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, Abraham and all Prophets.
• Today millions of Muslims sacrifice sheep and give them it away for the needy and poor people for the sake of Allah.
• The Muslim family eats about a third of the meal and donates the rest to the poor.
• What a great meaning it is to help the needy and make them all equally happy and joyful on this day.
• The time of the Udhiah or sacrifice begins at the sunrise of the Eid day and ends at the sunset of the third day of the days of Tashriq.
Eid Mubarak - New Eid Nasheeds ! عيد مبارك عليكم - أناشيد