Monday, December 28, 2009
Etiquette of Dreams and Dressing
Etiquette of Dreams
If you see a good dream, then relate i to someone who love you. If an unpleasant dream is observed, one should sputter or blow three times on the left side. Do not reveal bad dreams to anyone. Change sides when seeing bad dreams.
(If sleeping on the right side, turn to the left or vice-versa). When one sees a bad dream read thrice " A'UZU BILLAHI MINASH SHAYTAANIR RAJEEM WA MINB SHARRI HAAZIHIR RU'YAA. By doing so this dream will have no ill-effects. (Muslim)
Etiquette of Dressing
* Eat, drink, give sadaqah (charity) and dress, but do not spoil it with extravagance and pride. (Musnad Ahmad)
* It is permissible for the women of my Ummat to wear gold and silk, but this is strictly forbidden for the men of my Ummat. (Tirmidhi)
* Whoever wear clothes of pride in this world, Allâh Ta'âla will dress him with clothes of shame on the Day of Qiyâmah.
* When wearing clothes and when performing wudhu, begin with the right side first.
* A man should not wear woman's clothing, nor a woman man's clothing, for Allâh's curse descends on such people.
* When putting on shoes, begin by placing the right foot into the right shoe first. * When removing the shoes, remove the left shoe first. (Bukhari)
* Do not walk whilst wearing one shoe only, either wear both or remove both.